Friday 3 April 2009

Unimportant things - doesn't amount to a hill of beans

Rules
1) Put the link of the person who tagged you on your blog.
2) Write the rules.
3) Mention 6 things or habits of no real importance about you.

Well, I haven't officially been tagged, but since Piers tried to nick my brain one time ...

Piers and I have 1 unimportant thing in common, and he describes it very well, so I shall lift directly from his blog:
I'm cross-dominant.

Surprisingly, this isn't a kinky sex thing, but means that while my dominant hand is my right (for throwing, catching, and so on), my dominant eye is my left.

This is not generally a problem in everyday life. However it's a known problem in target shooting.

Should I ever wish to take up shooting - or alternatively, should I be forced to fight for survival in a terrifying post-apocalyptic world - I should try and shoulder the weapon on my left, rather than my right, in order to aim correctly.


We may have many more unimportant things in common, but I don't know what they are, so you'll have to be satisfied with that. :)

2nd unimportant thing - Foot-in-mouth syndrome, otherwise known as not engaging brain before saying something. I suffer from this a lot. It has plagued my life, despite my best efforts to avoid it - any time I get excited or passionate about something I forget to monitor what I say. And I really, really should. At all times.

3rd unimportant thing - Forgetfulness, for example I rarely know which day of the week it is, or what the date is. Always hazardous as we reach the end of March....

4th unimportant thing - Gullibility, mainly because my gut instinct is that everyone is nice, and always tells the truth (unless they wear a great big warning sign) which in combination with points 2 and 3 frequently results in me being a Fool, in this particular instance an April one. Cue tiny violins.

5th unimportant thing - One of my ancestral relatives wrote a book, Elinore M Havers. I only know about her because my mother pointed out her book, called Wigwam Island, as we share the same name ... kinda. I have no idea whether she was any good as a novelist, because I didn't read it. And it's only on researching her (just now) that I find she wrote more than one book. ... Drat! Ancestral competition. I must try harder!

6th unimportant thing - Nigel Havers is also a very, very, very distant relation, but he wouldn't know me from Sheila. *sigh*
Great I've resorted to name dropping. Why? I guess desire for wish fulfillment: he's potentially a contact, assuming we ever meet ... which we most likely never will - - unless I stalk him, which is not cool. So that ain't happening - - Argh, I'll just shut up now then, shall I?

Anyhow, there's my list of 6 things or habits of no real importance about me.

Feel free to consider yourselves tagged if you haven't already done this one. :)

No comments: